January 2, 2009

Reading resolutions

(with thanks to Booking through Thursday, without whom I would have spent the rest of the day procrastinating about what to blog about!)

From the teetering pile of worthiness:
Oryx and Crake - I lovelovelove Margaret Atwood, so I have no idea why I haven't read this yet
Vernon God Little - must. get. past. page 12!
Sophie's World - Jostein Gaardner
Until I found you - John Irving
The art of racing in the rain - Garth Stein

On my YA to-read for fun list
Everything beautiful - Simonne Howell - I loved Notes from the teenage underground (even though I can't stand Andy Warhol), so I can't wait to read this.
Boofheads - Mo Johnson
The disreputable history of Frankie Llndau-Banks - E. Lockhart
Luuurve is a many trousered thing - Louise Rennison (guilty pleasure)

For 'research purposes'
The Twilight series - I don't enjoy vampires, even of the shiny, handsome self-controlled kind, but I am interested to see what all the fuss is about.
Tomorrow, when the war began - I don't know how/why I haven't read this absolute pillar of Aus. YA yet, but it's time I did.

That doesn't seem like many, does it? I know there are loads, loads more, but I've already managed to spend over an hour procrastinating about committing to this lot, so they'll have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment