It's not that anything terribly exciting's been keeping me away, either. In fact, quite the opposite: life has been so ho-hum that there hasn't really been anything worth writing about. But if I keep waiting for the excitement to happen I'll possibly never write another word again, so, for a little while at least, this blog will be a celebration of mundanity.
Unexciting things I've enjoyed lately:
- Mr Fantapants's pumpkin scones
- seeing photos of paintings from a friend's upcoming exhibition
- knitting little jumpers and cardigans for small people I know (so quick, esp. w/ a chunkier yarn - almost instant gratification!)
- snuggling up in front of the toasty heater on cold nights
- getting back to the book (actually, that's been a little bit exciting).