August 31, 2009

Waiting for spring

We're having very dreary weather for the last day of winter, even by Melbourne standards. Hopefully it'll make it easier for me to stay head down and bum up working on the next round of revisions for Book 1 (which now seems to be called Finding Freia Lockhart).

I've been letting my editor's suggestions simmer in the back of my mind for the last few days, but must admit I haven't been brave enough to open the annotated manuscript yet. I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying the editing and revising process, but there's definitely an element of 'how can I make that work without completely rewriting the book?' and 'so you want 10 new scenes but I can't increase the word count?' dread to it.

Luckily a very dear friend came to stay for the weekend, so I was able to avoid addressing any of those questions for the last few days. We went here, and shopped here and here, and ate delicious food here and here. Needless to say, I overindulged in everything and spent yesterday moping around the house instead of writing :\

No comments:

Post a Comment