March 4, 2010

(re)stumped

It's a frabjous day chez Fantapants as the Great Restumping of 2010 has commenced! It's taken two and a hald years and a couple fo false starts, but I can report that as I type the front of my house is being jacked up and tradesmen types are circling the perimeter cshaking their heads and muttering about recharging powertools.

In a twist on the old adage that the bus you've been waiting 20 minutes in the rain for will pull up the moment you light a cigarette (not that I'd know anything about that), the moment I'd applied bright pink nailpolish to precisely 7 of my fingernails the tradies arrived.

Fingers crossed, this time a couple of weeks from now it will all be over!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aimee,

    I hope this isn't weird or anything and it's the first time I've ever contacted an author, but I just wanted to say how much I loved Finding Freia Lockhart. I devoured it within a couple of hours and have already passed it on to my 16 year old sister to enjoy. Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say congrats and thanks for writing such a great novel.

    I also ended up trying your brownie recipe (which was amazing!!!) and wrote a little bit about it here:
    http://my-girlfriday.blogspot.com/2010/03/finding-freia-lockhart-aimee-said.html

    Anyway, sorry if this is supremely weird or awkward.
    Steph :)

    ReplyDelete