August 24, 2010

What she watched: The Kids Are All Right

When we got an invitation to a secret movie screening* I was a little worried about rocking up to see whoknowswhat. Not that I'm picky about my movies in a filmbuff kinda way, but I'm very squeamish about violence, can't handle the tension of thrillers, and too wussy for horror, so my movie choices are more limited than most (normal) people's.**

Luckily for me, the screening was a sneak preview of The Kids are All Right. Julianne Moore and Annette Bening are spot-on as the older gay couple whose teenage kids go looking for their sperm donor dad. There was a really natural chemistry between them (and also between them and Mia Wasikowska and Josh Hutcherson, who play their kids) that made the film for me. (Well, that and the pissyourpants funny bits...)


* thank you, Hopscotch Films!
** which might explain why I'm happy to watch Michael Cera play the same role over and over, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment