February 27, 2011

Excuses to buy books

Borders going into adminstration reminded me that it's been a while since I visited my favourite local independent bookstore. I would be too, too sad if The Sun Bookshop or (worser) The Younger Sun closed, so I figured I'd better do my bit and support them with my business.*

Luckily I went in with a strict shopping list, because it took all my self control not to come out with a trolley-load of books.

I got this
 
because EVERYONE in the blogosphere has raved about how great it is.

And this
 
because both Kate and Steph gave it excellent reviews.

Now I just have to decide which to read first...


* If all this sounds like I'm trying to justify buying books, you're right - I've curbed my book buying this year because I'm trying to save my pay to take a couple of months off the Day Job and get stuck into my next book.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Aimee! We love you. You can just come and hang out with us if you want, while your "curb" is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, that's like inviting me to a cheese factory the day I go on a diet - I just know I'll come out a few kilos heavier (although I'm sure my GP would prefer that extra weight to be book-based rather than cheese-based).

    ReplyDelete