- library-themed bars, via The Centred Librarian (next time I'm in New York I'm definitely visiting The Spotty Dog!)
- The History of English in 10 Minutes, Open Universities via Mighty Red Pen
- 10 words with no English equivalent, via Mental Floss*
- Wikiman's Great Library Stereotypometer - it may be based on scientific research conducted on Twitter, but knitting, leftie, gin-loving, cardigan-wearing librarians are my kind of people!
- On-hand + Modern has given me a great idea for my next birthday party (hint: start looking for a special cardigan now; gin is optional)
|Entrance to Children’s Section, Cerritos Millenium Library, Cerritos, California|
* I have experienced moments of zhaghzhagh in the past few days, as well as indulging in a bit of boketto. Thankfully, I do not suffer from slampadato! My personal fave (missing from Mental Floss's list) is musu, a Samoan expression for when someone suddenly becomes moody and sullen, for no apparent reason.