September 9, 2011

Star picks

My new job is great (not least because it is in a library) but it's taking me a while to get back into the swing of working part-time and keeping up with what's going on in the rest of the (albeit, online) world.* It's been so long since I've logged into Twitter that I feel like my tweeting boat has sailed Facebook is a distant memory, I managed to miss both Indigenous Literacy Day and International Literacy Day, and I've fallen woefully behind on my blog reading. I have, however, fallen in lurve with two vaguely new things:
  • Wordplay, a weekly writing podcast from authors Nathan Bransford, James Dashner and J Scott Savage
  • Rookie Mag, a new site from Tavi of Style Rookie and a bunch of other talented young writers/artists/creators that I wishwishwish had been around during my tortured adolescence teenage years.
And, of course, I cannot survive without my regular dose of Maru...

* yes, full-time workers and students/workers who also study/students who also work, I do realise how ridiculously pathetic that makes me. I am in awe of all of you!

1 comment:

  1. That's the first time I have seen a tortoiseshell cat, lovely.

    ReplyDelete