- things I wish someone had told me when I was 14.
Maybe it's because of all the sock knitting while I was
- the Hairpin drew my attention to a shout out for knitters to make koozies for penguins affected by the oil spill in NZ (I started my first one last night)
- the Guardian wrote about graffiti knitters in London and boys who love to knit*
- Teen Granny shared her top 10 knitting tips on Hello Giggles.
|Seriously cute penguin stays snug in his koozie|
2. The things I wish I'd known about the agonies of growing up
- Rookie let me in on the secret that everybody farts. And that periods are not the most humiliating thing in life (no, that would be PE). And that when it comes to boobs everything is normal. Ditto gender identity. Even as an (almost middle-aged) adult, I found this article reassuring!
- Hank Green made a very lovely, very honest video about his own confusion about his sexual orientation as a teenager for Coming out Day.
* made even cooler by the fact that some of these boys attend Dog Kennel Hill primary - surely the coolest primary school name EVER