August 8, 2012

Hello Radelaide!

I'm in Adelaide for the next four weeks on a Creative Time Fellowship from the May Gibbs Literature Trust. After counting down to this month since I received the news waay back in November 2011, it's amazing to finally be here!

I'm here to start work on my next novel (a darkish, gothicish, slightly mysterious (I hope) book about the hidden history of a girls' boarding school), which I've been holding in my head and in my heart since last May and forced myself not to begin work on until Book3 was delivered to my publisher.

Starting a new novel is both incredibly liberating (the page is blank, I can do anything!) and incredibly daunting (the page is blank, can I do anything?), but I can think of no better way to begin than with a month of solid immersion.

Let the adventure begin!

The inspiration board's ready; now the hard work begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment