December 27, 2013

2013 in numbers

In the spirit of Freia Lockhart, here's a summary of my year:

Novels published: 1
Sleep-ins past 9am: 1
Dinners out without Little Ms Marmalade: 3
Books read: 76*
Hokey-pokeys sung: 98
Hours spent blending, mashing and otherwise soggifying foodstuffs to render them suitable for consumption by toothless members of the family: 105**
Raspberries blown on a cute, round tummy: 256***
Nappies changed: 2190****

The fact that I've struggled to come up with two points that don't directly relate to being a mum pretty much sums up 2013 for me. Hopefully this time next year my roundup will include, at least a word count of a work in progress, if not a finished manuscript.

Happy new year, everyone. May 2014 bring us all good things (and a double dissolution election for Australia).





* Does not include board books or the number would be far more impressive! For the record, my YA favourites this year have been, in no particular order: Wildlife by Fiona Wood, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, After Iris by Natasha Farrant, Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil and A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty.
** That would be Ms M, Mr Fantapants and I still have our teeth.
*** Ms M again.
**** I initially put down what seemed like a random high number (1280) but then I realised that - Ms M being a rather, ahem, regular girl - I could actually estimate this pretty accurately. The true estimate shocks even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment